HERE'S YOUR CHANCE TO BE HEARD BY FACULTY AROUND THE STATE.
You're invited to contribute an article to FACTC Focus 2008.
Is Student Success the Same as Student Retention?
- How hard should we try to retain students?
- Does an emphasis on retention actually improve student achievement?
- Should colleges be funded based on student retention?
- What is the best way to retain students without sacrificing quality evaluation of students?
- Is the student achievement initiative about quality or quantity?
- Are we moving toward a new funding model based on incentives for retention?
For information about a new State Board initiative for measuring colleges with momentum points, see SBCTC Research Report No. 07-1.
We would like to see articles about your experiences or your opinions on this topic. Articles can be any length up to 750 words. Artwork is welcome -- must be line art and black ink. Please send articles or art by May 1, 2008 to Mark Doerr at Markd@spokanefalls.edu. FACTC will review all articles for submission.
FACTC Focus Editor